Not all matters are destined to be tried before a judge or jury. SKO’s Arbitration & Mediation attorneys help clients effectively and efficiently solve a range of disputes, disagreements and misunderstandings. We take steps to find a solution without the expense and delay of litigation.
Whether dispute resolution is dictated by a contract, chosen by the parties involved or ordered by a court, our goal is to secure a fair and equitable course of action. SKO’s Arbitration & Mediation practice offers experienced mediators who can help guide the parties to an agreement.
SKO attorneys arbitrate and mediate sessions on a variety of matters, including:
- Business disputes
- Contract issues
- Employment claims
- Employment disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Personal Injury
- Pre-litigation internal or external employee disputes
- Product Liability
Our team includes:
- a former Kentucky Court of Appeals judge
- the former chief judge for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky who also served on the Sixth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
- a founder of the Restorative Justice Program in Louisville
- a graduate of the Duke University Private Adjudication Center.
We have guided adverse parties toward settlement by listening to both sides of a disagreement and considering all evidence.
Our practice also offers attorneys with both transactional and litigation experience in:
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Business Litigation
- Business Owner Disputes
- Business Services
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Law
- Equine Litigation
- Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits
- Mineral & Environmental Law
- Real Estate
- Securities & Corporate Governance
- Tort, Trial & Insurance Services
- Trusts, Estates & Family Law