Thomas M. Williams
Member , Louisville KY
Tom serves as Co-Chair of the Arbitration & Mediation practice group and has been a long-time member of the firm’s employment law practice group with over 33 years of experience.
According to Chambers USA, Tom is “an extremely professional lawyer who treats each of his clients as if they’re number one.”
Mediation/Arbitration: Tom mediates employment and contract matters with a hands-on approach that supports resolution of claims. For this work, Tom has been recognized as a distinguished neutral. He also is an employment law panelist for the American Arbitration Association.
Employment Law Counseling: Tom helps employers handle difficult employment issues in a manner that meets their goals and minimizes the risks of litigation. He provides a quick and effective response to the most troubling employment situations. For this work, Tom was named the 2023 management side “Lawyer of the Year” for Louisville, Kentucky.
Purpose Driven Businesses: As the founding board member of Canopy Certified, Tom occupies a unique position in the community that enables him to counsel new and existing businesses as they explore whether public benefit corporation status is appropriate for the needs and goals of community conscious business.
Professional & Community Activities
- Louisville Bar Association, Past President
- Leadership Louisville, Past Board Chair
- Restorative Justice Louisville, Inc., Founding Board Chair
- Canopy, Inc., Founding Board Chair
- American Bar Association, Employment Rights and Responsibilities Subcommittee Louisville Society for Human Resources Management
- Partnership for a Compassionate Louisville, Co-Chair
- Leadership Kentucky, 2009
- Bingham Fellows, 2004, 2018
- Leadership Louisville, 2003
- Feature interview in Leadership Landscapes by Moxietalk: A multimedia platform that gives an intimate look into the courage, character, and defining moments of today’s most inspiring individuals.
- Best Lawyers® Employment Law – 2023 Management “Lawyer of the Year” in Louisville
- Inducted into the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Top 50 Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- Chambers USA, Leading Lawyer for Business, Labor & Employment
- Justice Martin E. Johnstone Special Recognition Award, Louisville Bar Association
- Louisville Business First, Forty under 40
- Recognized as a community “Connector” by Leadership Louisville
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, Dean’s Service Award
- “Spirit of Yes” Award from Leadership Louisville
- Named “Louisville Peacemaker of the Year” by Interfaith Paths to Peace
- Recipient of the Heart of Compassion Award, International Charter for Compassion
Award for Professional Excellence, Louisville Society for Human Resources Management
- Congressional Recognition for Advancing Legislation to recognize the “I Have a Dream Speech” at the Lincoln Memorial
- Speaker, 40th Anniversary of the “I Have a Dream” speech at the Lincoln Memorial
- Inducted into the William Mason High School Athletic Hall of Fame
- Public Benefit Corporations, 19th Biennial Business Associations Law Institute, University of Kentucky Rosenberg College of Law, Speaker, 2023
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville, Develop Series: The Key to Negotiations, PNC/Paycor Department of Labor Overtime, Seminar
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Monthly Luncheon, Compassionate City Initiative Update, 2011
- Leadership Louisville 2012 Class, Connector Project and Social Capital Update, 2011
- Annual Legal Update, Society for Human Resources Management, 2005 to 2008
We appreciate your interest in Stoll Keenon Ogden. If you are not a current client, do not include any confidential or secret information in your email. SKO may not have a duty or legal obligation to keep confidential any information that you provide to us (in person or electronically) until you become a client of the firm.
For your own protection, please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from an SKO Attorney.