Our Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits practice has a proven record of being trusted advisors and effective advocates. We help employers solve their problems through proactive counseling, employee training, and, where possible, cost-efficient litigation, including alternative dispute resolution. We know the employment laws thoroughly, and we make it our goal to acquire a comprehensive knowledge of our clients and their businesses so we can provide tailored solutions for each of their needs.
Our scope of services includes:
- Unlawful discrimination cases (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, Kentucky Civil Rights Act, etc.)
- Restrictive covenant matters, including non-compete covenants
- Employee disciplinary matters
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Lie detector and drug testing matters
- Americans with Disabilities Act counseling and litigation
- Family Medical Leave Act counseling and litigation
- Employee handbook drafting/review
- Employment contract and severance agreement drafting/review
- Mass layoffs and WARN Act counseling and compliance
- Unemployment insurance claims and appeals
- Wage and hour proceedings and planning
- National Labor Relations Board practice
- Unfair labor practice charge defense
- Union avoidance/organizing and related counseling
- Collective bargaining agreement negotiations
- Union strike/injunction litigation
- Arbitration of employment and collective bargaining agreement matters
- Immigration matters
- Employee benefits matters
Our team will coordinate with in-house counsel, human resources professionals, and/or company leaders to ensure objectives and strategies are aligned with those of your business. We have years of diverse experience in labor and employee law, and we are responsive to needs without rushing to judgment or sacrificing quality. In litigation, we take every opportunity to resolve a case in your favor without the cost of a trial – though we are always prepared to present your case to a judge or jury. We are mindful of financial pressures and will work with you to customize solutions for your every need.
We appreciate your interest in Stoll Keenon Ogden. If you are not a current client, do not include any confidential or secret information in your email. SKO may not have a duty or legal obligation to keep confidential any information that you provide to us (in person or electronically) until you become a client of the firm.
For your own protection, please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from an SKO Attorney.