From one-rooftop dealerships to multi-state franchises, automotive dealers are in a highly regulated business with expanding sources of liability. In addition to governance, employee, and financing issues, auto dealers face government regulators, manufacturer demands, customer claims, and other challenges that are time-consuming to address and costly if not avoided.
We help automotive businesses stay on track through a series of industry best practices aimed at heading off problems before they occur. Our attorneys are experienced in advocating on behalf of clients before state and federal regulators. When necessary, we represent them in court to minimize their liabilities.
Our services for auto dealers include:
- Advertising compliance
- Business organization, governance, and succession planning
- Vendor Contract review and negotiation
- Defense against consumer complaints
- Environmental compliance, including underground storage tank compliance
- Labor and employee matters
- Immigration issues
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Permits and zoning
- Product Liability
- Responding to Attorney General and BBB consumer complaints
- State, local, and federal tax issues
- Vehicle transaction forms