Our Business Owner Disputes practice is an interdisciplinary group of litigators and business entity attorneys who advise on disputes between and among business owners. Disputes between business owners are complicated in that they always involve at least three sides: the plaintiff, the defendant, and the business entity. The nature of this triad of relationships is based first upon the statutes and organic documents that govern the entity and the rights as well as the responsibilities of the owners.
Our goal is to resolve matters effectively and efficiently, with as little disruption to the business as possible. We represent clients on a variety of matters that include the following:
- Director’s and officers’ liability
- Dissenter right’s actions
- Shareholder derivative actions
- Control disputes among partners, LLC members, boards of directors, and shareholders
- Advising majority owners in utilizing mergers, conversions, and other organic transactions to protect a venture from minority threats
- Enforcing of stock buy-sell agreements
- Interpreting and enforcing operating agreements
- Advising minority owners of their rights, including the enforcement of fiduciary obligations
We appreciate your interest in Stoll Keenon Ogden. If you are not a current client, do not include any confidential or secret information in your email. SKO may not have a duty or legal obligation to keep confidential any information that you provide to us (in person or electronically) until you become a client of the firm.
For your own protection, please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from an SKO Attorney.