Our Mergers & Acquisitions practice is comprised of attorneys with rich experience and knowledge to assist with the purchase or sale of any type of business.
Our scope of services includes the following:
- Negotiation of agreements related to confidentiality, exclusivity and non-solicitation of employees
- Establishment of auction sale procedures
- Data room organization and posting
- Letters of intent
- Hart-Scott-Rodino filings
- Due diligence
- Advice regarding transaction structure to deal with regulatory, tax, contractual or other concerns
- Asset purchases, stock purchases, mergers and spin-offs
- Employment, consulting and noncompetition agreements
- Settlement of post-closing purchase price adjustments
- Agreements for post-closing business transaction services
In addition to working on acquisitions in a variety of manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, our Mergers & Acquisitions attorneys have experience in handling other types of transactions such as:
- Purchase of businesses involved in U.S. Bankruptcy Court proceedings in conjunction with members of the firm’s Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring practice
- Purchase of minority interests
- Purchases by Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Redemptions of a company’s stock
- Purchases of businesses having assets and operations in more than one country, including transfers of foreign subsidiaries, real estate, trademarks and employees
We appreciate your interest in Stoll Keenon Ogden. If you are not a current client, do not include any confidential or secret information in your email. SKO may not have a duty or legal obligation to keep confidential any information that you provide to us (in person or electronically) until you become a client of the firm.
For your own protection, please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from an SKO Attorney.